May 10, 2011

jigsaw



I love a good jigsaw puzzle, me.  Before the kids, it was a treat to sit and put together a 1500 piecer but I guess these days those little pieces would just be a choking hazard.  It seems, however, that Ollie may have inherited my affinity for this kind of thing.  From a very early age he seems to have an unusual patience for  puzzles and things that go together and recently he's been doing actual jigsaw puzzles.

I am in awe of Ollie's ability to put this 24 piecer together in a matter of minutes, and the running commentary he provides whilst doing it is pretty much off the cute-scale.  I bought it for him a couple of weeks ago and figured he'd be interested in it to the extent of sorting through the pieces and transporting them around in his dump truck, but instead he sat down with us and we did the puzzle together, initially strategically placing pieces to make it easier for him and then gradually letting him do the thinking himself.  It didn't take long (maybe three or four attempts with us) before he was doing it himself.  In fact when I was taking these photos I had to work fast before it was all done.

I mean it's probably not that impressive, and kids do this kind of thing all the time, but I think it's amazing and kind of incredible to watch.

1 comment:

leslie said...

u, no, i think that is pretty bloody amazing!! mae is almost three and she has very little interest in puzzles. she can barely put the wooden ones back together. it's been a few months though, maybe i should pull them out and see...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...